This is a self-paced online course. Participants will work through each module individually at their own speed. You will have access to the course 24 hours a day 7 days a week so you can learn when and where you want. You will have 2 months to complete the course.
Using the concepts, procedures, and methods identified in the Ontario Structure Inspection Manual (OSIM) you will:
• Identify the type and severity of material defects,
• Assess and rate the condition of a variety of bridge elements, and
• Report your findings using the OSIM forms.
• Types of Bridges
• Bridge Elements
• Materials focusing on concrete, steel, and asphalt.
• Material defects
• Procedures for conducting and documenting a detailed visual inspection using OSIM, including identification of material defects, material condition, defect severity levels, and performance deficiencies.
• Inspection Safety
Government employees, consultants, and contractors involved in the detailed visual inspections of bridges, or individuals who need to gain an understanding of OSIM reports.
A basic understanding of bridge types and bridge elements.
Pre-course evaluation, case studies, activities, and open-book knowledge evaluation.