CHSI, Centre for Health and Safety Innovation, 5110 Creekbank Rd. Mississauga, ON L4W 0A1 Tel: (905) 219-0044
Provides you with the tools necessary to assist in the design of safe and efficient roads.
• Vertical alignment
• Sight distances
• Highway safety
• Horizontal alignment
• Pavement drainage and frost action
• Pavement design
• Automated design
Who Should Attend
Those who are entering or who have experience in the field of road design and wish to reinforce or broaden their knowledge of fundamental highway design principles.
• Basic knowledge of design principles, standards and engineering procedures.
• The ability to manipulate equations such as: L= π/180 X ∆ X R (to solve for all variables)
Participants will find it beneficial to review the following publications prior to the course:
• MTO Geometric Design Standards for Ontario Highways, Chapter C-Alignment
• MTO Roadside Safety Manual
• TAC Geometric Design Guide for Canadian Roads (updated 2017)
Passing Grade: 60%. Quizzes, projects, and comprehensive final examination
This course is recognized by:
Register online or send to email@example.com or fax to 289-291-6477.