City of London’s Division Manager Becomes President of Municipal Association
April 21, 2023, Oakville, ON – During the 129th edition of the annual Good Roads Conference in Toronto, John Parsons, Division Manager, Road Operations with the City of London staff was installed as the President of the 2023-2024 Good Roads Board of Directors.
“John’s experience will be important as we work to get improve Ontario’s municipal road network,” said Scott Butler, Good Roads’ Executive Director.
“I’m humbled and honoured by this opportunity and looking forward to serving as the Good Roads Board President.” said Mr. Parsons’. “Good Roads does a lot. It educates thousands of trainees a year. It advocates to make roads safer. And it works with municipalities and First Nations to make them the best custodians of local roads and infrastructure that they can be.” said Mr. Parsons.
The 2023/24 Good Roads Board of Directors:
- President – John Parsons, Division Manager, Roads Operations, City of London,
- First Vice President – Antoine Boucher, Director of Public Works & Engineering, Municipality of East Ferris
- Second Vice President – Cheryl Fort, Mayor, Township of Hornepayne
- Third Vice President – Paul Ainslie, Councillor, City of Toronto
- Past President – Paul Schoppmann, St. Charles
- Melissa Abercrombie, Manager of Engineering Services, County of Oxford
- Salim Alibhai, Director, Capital Planning & Delivery, Transportation Operations, Public Works, Regional Municipality of York
- Chris Angelo, Director of Public Works & Environmental Services, City of Quinte West
- David Armstrong, Manager of Public Works, Town of Gananoque
- Cathy Burghardt-Jesson, Warden, County of Middlesex
- Nazzareno Capano, Manager, Transportation Policy & Innovation, City of Toronto
- Aakash Desai, Asset Manager & Deputy Treasurer, Township of Southgate
- Terry McKay, Deputy Mayor, Township of Chatsworth
- Kristin Murray, Councillor, City of Timmins
- Justin Towndale, Mayor, City of Cornwall
The 130th edition of the Good Roads Conference will take place April 21 – 24, 2024 at the Fairmont Royal York in Toronto.