Good Roads’ Training Support Program
Boost your career while improving your local roads with Northern Road School! This fall, Good Roads will be hosting courses in Northern Ontario to prepare your road crews for everything they need to know about road construction and maintenance.
The seats in these courses are subsidized by the Government of Ontario to help reduce the barriers to training faced by Ontario’s Northern, Rural, and Remote communities.
Good Roads will be holding a Northern Road School in Sault Ste Marie from Oct 25 – Nov 1, 2023. Our funding allows us to cover the cost of registration and 3 nights hotel accommodation for successful applicants.
Good Roads will offer the following courses:
- The application process will be open from July 5, 2023, to August 4, 2023 (for OCIF Communities), application opens to all municipalities August 8, 2023.
- Final call for applications is on September 6, 2023.
- Good Roads will review the applications and inform applicants of the results on September 8, 2023.
- Municipalities will be required to provide all requested participant details by Sept 11, 2023.
- Good Roads will complete all hotel bookings by Sept 19, 2023.
- Eligible applicants must meet 2 conditions:
- Must be a member in good standing of Good Roads
- Must be an OCIF (Ontario Community Investment Fund) eligible Municipality or an Ontario First Nations community (for the August 4th deadline only).
- Application opens to all municipalities August 8, 2023.
- Applicants must only submit one application for all employees they wish to receive training.
- Applicants must only have one representative/point of contact applying on behalf of their municipality or First Nation.
- There is no limit to the number of training seats that can be requested. However, Good Roads will endeavor to spread the available seats equitably amongst all applicants. Application approvals will be subject to seat availability.
- Good Roads will only cover the cost of the course registration and 3 nights hotel accommodation. Any additional costs (mileage, meals, hotel incidentals, etc.) must be covered by the municipality/First Nation.
- Hotels will be booked to cover the evening before the start of the course to the morning of the last day of the course.
- Participants will be required to provide a credit card upon check-in at the hotel to cover the deposit.
- The main contact on the application form will be responsible to ensure all communications with participants are read and understood. Good Roads is not responsible for mistakes incurred due to negligence.
- All successfully approved participants will be required to provide demographic information such as name, age, gender, email, and employer.
If you have any questions of concerns, please consult the FAQ section or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Now Closed